Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Shoe-less James

As James and I ran around like chickens with our heads cut off yesterday trying to complete the to-do list, James was thrilled to find a cobbler who could fix the sole of his dress shoes.  Shoes he was wearing on our errands.  The cobbler told him he could pick them back up at 2pm.  It was 10:30 am.

James thought we would just be running around for a bit, but getting visas and such was a bit more complex than anticipated.  He ended up wearing just socks for 4 hours.  In the rain.  And to the state department.  It must be said that he wasn't embarrassed about this at all until we arrived at state, but then he feared that a future boss might notice his odd shoe-less state.  Apparently no one looks down in that building.  Just upwards to bigger and better things.


It did give me the biggest laugh I've had in a long time to see James running in wet socks all day long.  So I thank him for that in the midst of a very emotional day and week.  Here are some photos that only attempt to capture the moment.  I wish I had taken some in state department amidst all the very "shoe-d" and we take our jobs very seriously states-people.

6 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are writing a lot. Keep posting because you are hilarious, and I am loving these stories! Can't wait to hear about the actual experiences over there...good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shauri, loving the posts. I was sad to no longer get updates from the Spinster Diaries, but happy that you have given up the Spinster title. :) Hope things are going well (or as well as possible given the current circumstances). May you avoid death and continue to enjoy life. (sounded funnier in my head and weirder when I read it again, but I will leave it anyway).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny! I can't believe he did that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did he go shoeless just to make you laugh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, no Andrea. Do you know your brother at all? :)

    ReplyDelete