Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sell-out. Traitor. Deserter.





You heard me Subway. 
Apparently, the fresh eatin' won't be happening here in paradise too much longer. 

For those of you who don't know, we eat in a "mess hall" otherwise known as the DFAC every day.  We are provided with nice food, but after a while the options start to get a little old.  To provide us with some diversity, we have two mini franchises in the building where our Rec Center is housed - Subway and Pizza Hut.

It truly is a nice option once in a while to say, "hey.  i think i want to pretend i live in America and pay for my food... my fast food."  It's refreshing.

Well today in my inbox we were given notice that come November 15th, not only are the troops continuing to ship out, but Subway's going with them. 

What??? 
I can only believe the old adage is true, "If you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen."  They see the writing on the wall.  And that writing says GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN.

Which Subway employee is going to decide, hm...the troops are leaving?  The Embassy will be largely unprotected?  Yes, sign me up to go to Baghdad and make sandwiches.  Sounds divine.  I'm sure if there is one thing that would make a career in sandwich-making even more inviting, it's doing it in Baghdad.

Well, fine.  Another step towards desolation.  Farewell Subway - thank you for sharing your fresh eating with us for as long as you could.  I really didn't care for your sandwiches anyway...but...

...Pizza Hut....don't go.  Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment