Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Morality Reflections. Pardon the indulgence.

I must pause in my reports from Baghdad to comment on an American current event:  Penn State.

It is shocking that it could capture more publicity than the upcoming presidential election, the withdrawal of troops in Iraq, J-Lo's new boyfriend, or any other majore news, but I can certainly see why it has.  It's shocking on oh-so many levels.

Trust me, I am saddened to see a true college football legacy go out like this (Paterno), but I am deeply saddened that people would be more angered at his departure than the fact that he didn't protect innocent children from sexual abuse.  Deeply saddened.

Today I scanned the news on MSN.com and saw two headlines, literally right next to each other,that made me go "hmmmm." Yes, this is definitely  prime material for a C and C music factory hit:

#1:  Sandusky: "I am innocent"
#2:  Sandusky: "I regret showering with kids"

Really?
I will say no more.  But does this strike anyone else as....JACKED UP??

1 comment: