Friday, April 6, 2012

You don't know what you don't know

I've been in airport bathrooms in Asia before.  So this sight is not wholly unfamiliar to me:


The old squatter-oo option.  Not sure who would choose it, or why when the next stall over has a toilet you can sit on (with protective paper wrap of course) but to each her own.

What cracked me up was when I chose the old familiar toilet and saw what they had posted on the inside door for your reading...or instructional...pleasure:


I wish...oh how I wish...that I could know what led to the creation of this poster.  Was it the cleaning crew tired of wiping footprints off the seat?  Just goes to show what we take for granted as knowledge may not be knowledge in another culture. 

And of course it's great that just for good measure they throw in the no smoking sign.  Why not?

1 comment:

  1. Maybe they don't want you to burn your refuse.
    I had to use one of those stand up toilets in Argentina. As far as I know they didn't have a toilet seat in the next stall over. Or maybe they did, who knows? Anyway, I didn't really see the point. Why have an indoor bathroom at all?

    ReplyDelete