Thursday, April 5, 2012

A little R&R

Now that we're back "home", I thought I'd do a little recap of our magical trip to the Maldives and Bali.  It was nice to disconnect from the world, and the internet for a bit...although it's hard to say that we are actually now re-connected considering the time it takes to load a YouTube video (an hour) or to download a TV show on iTunes (12-24 hours).  I guess we could consider this whole year a vacation from media.

I digress.  Our R&R was amazing.  The travel there (sandstorm 24 hour delay) and back (horrible, multiple short flights through the night) was less so, but the destinations made it all worthwhile.  I will say that at around 2am on one flight when James was awoken for the umpteenth time by a flight attendant to UN-buckle his seat belt - apparently you aren't allowed to stay buckled while on the ground for a short layover..what?? - he finally lost his cool and gave the guy a piece of his mind.  He felt horrible about it afterwards and apologized, but the attendant actually felt bad too and moved us up to business class for the next leg of the flight because we were "clearly very tired."  James still feels bad, but I say a little anger can be a good thing sometimes.  Especially if it gets me a seat that extends farther than two inches back. 

In the following posts I'll share a few highlight stories from our travel adventure.  But first, I'll just tantalize you with a few favorite photos including the amazing lodging we enjoyed.  Ah-mazing.  Baghdad may just have been worth it for the R&Rs alone.  Of course, I may just be saying that because I find myself in a completely refreshed and positive state right now... 1 day back.

 1.  My favorite part of the places we stayed...the bathtubs.  Talk about a tub with a view!!!
Maldives:

Ubud, Bali:



2.  Where we lived in Maldives and Ubud (I forgot to take pics in our Seminyak Villa.)
 
R&R rocks.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! You and James definitely deserved this!

    ReplyDelete