Friday, April 6, 2012

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Model?

The Maldives are gorgeous.  Granted. 

The Maldives look like a place where a Sports Illustrated Swimsuit magazine could have been shot.  Check.

The Maldives inspire you to want to be on the cover yourself.  Apparently, yes in some cases.

I wish with my whole heart that I could have captured some of the amazing poses that James and I witnessed while we walked around our island.  I wish I was a braver person and had pulled out my camera to capture these moments - but I feared it would make them uncomfortable and that they might stop.

Not sure why now that I think about it, because they never stopped posing when we would pass.  And trust me - if I was laying in a bikini, rolling around on the edge of the surf letting waves wash over me while making sultry faces....well, yes.  I would have stopped if I saw someone coming.  Scratch that, I would have stopped if I knew there was a possibility of someone coming.

James and I saw the most amazing poses.  Fully clothed in the middle of the water whipping props around, laying in the surf, and this one classic pose with hand on hip and one arm extended - I can't even describe it.  But after two or three days of this, James and I decided to try to duplicate a few for your viewing pleasure.  Please.  Enjoy.  And marvel why we haven't been asked to grace an SI cover ourselves.  I know we do.






2 comments:

  1. Hilarious! Now that is one SI I would actually buy! And probably several copies, at that. I love James's farmer tan. You are too hot to handle woman!
    Thanks for the giggles.

    ReplyDelete