Sunday, December 4, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like...

...Christmas.


In Baghdad. (black square covering top secret thing not allowed in pictures...oooohhh.)

Which isn't saying much, but I was happy to see a little bit of the holiday spirit show its face in the Middle East.  With 65 degree days and blue skies, tan buildings, and the daily calls to prayer it hasn't felt much like Thanksgiving or Christmas. 

A week or so ago my spirits lifted when I saw some employees walking down the street with giant snowflakes of light. 

It isn't much, but it's enough to put me in the holiday spirit and to start thinking about the fact that in T minus 15 days we'll be winging our way home to some real holiday spirit.

I'll try to ignore the fact that the secret service guy told me he'd be praying for my safety. :)

1 comment:

  1. Safe travels Shauri! So glad to know that you and James will be able to be here to spend some richly deserved time being smothered by the affection of family and friends!!!

    ReplyDelete