Sunday, July 31, 2011

Iraq 101

There is training for everything you want to do.  You can't operate on a patient until you are trained.  You can't cook a gourmet dinner in a 5 star restaurant until you are trained.  You can't be a parent...scratch that.  But apparently you also cannot go to Iraq...until you are...yes, trained.  

There are four requirements for going to Iraq.  One, you have to pass a massive medical exam.  Two, you have to pass a security check.  Three, you must go to a week long Iraq familiarization course.  And finally you have to do a week long program called "crash and bang".  More to come on that later.  

One and two are getting processed and today number three began.  Five days in a classroom to learn all you need to know about Iraq.  

It reminds me of when I was a nurse at Camp Blodgett.  Just 3 days of First Aid training folks and as far as all those little munchkins knew, I'm an R.N.  I imagine I'll be as savvy in Iraq after this week of class as I was when my first camper had a seizure.  

Good news...the camper lived.


1 comment: