Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I dream of R&R

Several posts ago I mentioned that I was looking forward to our next R&R, and several people have asked where James and I are going.   Let's say this, we were hoping for a longer honeymoon, so we always planned to make this our honeymoon part deux.  And we're doing it up right!  We're going two places.   Let me show you the first...



Hello beautiful Maldives.  I'd tell you not to be jealous, but it's not what I want.  Be very, very jealous because it is ah-mazing.  Baghdad does have it's rewards.  And so does Hilton.  I highly encourage all of you to sign up now if you haven't because you can use your points to go to this paradise!  Also big thanks to Gina Valenti for giving us Hilton certificates for our wedding...We LOVE you!!!  And we love Hilton.

On the less happy and shiny side of things, we did find out the exact day we got our flights booked that the Maldives had a coup and their President resigned.  Political turmoil reigns, but hey...I'm in Baghdad, think a little turmoil and unrest can keep me from that water villa?  Doubt it.  People are shooting guns here too.  At least there I'll listen to them whilst snorkeling or looking through the glass bottom of our bungalow at fish swimming by.  Bliss.

Part two.  And then we are on to....
 Yes, Bali.  James hasn't been and it's not too far from the Maldives.  This picture is a renovated Rice Barn that we are renting in Ubud for our first few nights - isn't all storybook picturesque and amazing? The answer is simple - yes.

 We'll get our surf on, visit some temples, plenty of 10 dollar massages and cooking class and relaxation.  Bring it on!


So there you have it.  R&R #2.  We are counting down the days and we may not return to Baghdad.  In the meantime, of course we heart Baghdad 100%.

(and in the spirit of hearting Baghdad, let me mention that James wore his Christmas gift from Lisa to Ultimate a few weeks ago - an I Heart Iraq t-shirt - and got widespread acclaim.  So he did find a place to wear it after all.)

4 comments:

  1. It's official, you have succeeded in making me jealous...but it's not doubt something you deserve. 2 places I absolutely want to visit! I might be able to pull off a vacation like that in around 10 years when my kids are old enough for me to feel comfortable leaving them. Until then I will live vicariously through you (although I think I've pretty much been doing that since we met;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO, SO jealous. You are lucky that I love you or I'd hate you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aggg TWO of the most beautiful places in the world !! Im looking forward to serious blog reports!! Excited that you get to go.

    ReplyDelete